cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New firmware 1.0.03.24 for rv340w

chamel123
Level 1
Level 1

Someone having a wan issue with the latest firmware? In my case, the wan1 interface doesn't connect anymore. Had to rollback to 1.0.03.22.

Looks like  1.0.03.27 is the good one!! Thanks Cisco

60 Replies 60

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- I acknowledge you rolled back, if examining this problem you may for instance look at the logs, see if you can find anything useful.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

danny.staton
Level 1
Level 1

I was not able to check the logs with my customer due to the fact they rolled the firmware back before I could grab a log. I can tell you both of my WAN connections were active and you could run the diagnostics ping and traceroute to yahoo and google (both dns and ip). Inside the network natta (dns or ip) everything dies at the router. No inbound VPN connections could be established. If

I get the chance to try it for a third time I will pull a log if we have to do a roll back. In looking at the release notes the only new feature was "Scheduled Reboot feature allows users to automatically restart the device or wireless radios at a configured time.". There are also 8 bug fixes and 1 enhancement request. None of them jumped out as a probable suspect. Hopefully they come out with an update as it seems to be a few folks already affected.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/RV340/Release_Note/RV34xx_relnote_v1_0_03_24.pdf

giulio.biondo
Level 1
Level 1

I experienced the same issue after the update.

I performed the same diagnostic tests on the router that @danny.staton described and got the same results.

Basically from the router I can reach everything on both LAN and WAN sides, but from LAN I cannot reach WAN and from WAN I cannot reach LAN (and here I mean with both SSL VPN and with the forwarded ports); from LAN I can only reach the router (and anything else inside the LAN)

CitNetGuy
Level 1
Level 1

I did the update remotely late last night.  I had to come in early to check on the issue. I am having the same problem.  After checking logs and before and after rollback, I found this.  There is a large window of nothing. Also, the DATE is all wrong after the update.

2021-Nov-03, 06:35:11 EST
info
network
ntpd: querying for us.pool.ntp.org 0.pool.ntp.org 1.pool.ntp.org
^^^ After Rollback^^^

2021-Nov-03, 10:35:05 EST
notice
network
netifd: Interface 'wan16' has link connectivity
2021-Nov-03, 10:35:05 EST
notice
network
netifd: Interface 'wan1' has link connectivity
2021-Nov-03, 10:35:04 EST
notice

network
netifd: Interface 'wan26' has link connectivity loss
2021-Nov-03, 10:35:04 EST
notice
network
netifd: Interface 'wan2' has link connectivity loss
2021-Nov-03, 10:35:03 EST
notice
network

chamel123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a weird one.. I've reset the router to its factory default WITH the new firmware (1.0.03.24) and ran thru the setup.So far so good! I've added my vlan 1 by 1 (I have 4 of those with dhcp relay to an external DHCP server). The first 3 works as expected. When I tried with my last one, the second I applied, I lost contact with the router. But that's not the weird part... While it was not responding, I disconnected one by one all LAN ports and WAN port... still dead Then I disconnected a USB key that I had in USB2 port for config backups. The router immediately began responding!!! The only way this could possibly be for what I know is that the router considered the device in the USB port as a modem.

For the moment, it looks as a working setup but I'm not sure to keep the latest firmware... I'm thinking about rolling back and wait for a more stable version. I'll keep you informed if I find something else.

MIkeDavis1973
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue here too.  I was awoken at 2am this morning by my smart plugs flashing (they do this when they can't connect to the internet) and my access point showing a warning light.

I rolled back to 1.0.03.22 and traffic flowed as expected.

nagrajk1969
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

is the issue with wan/internet-access going down, after upgrade from ver22 to ver24, happening with the router having

- vlan-subinterface on wan interface config?

- with just the standard wan interface config (running dhcp/static-ip/pppoe)????

I have a RV345 configured with standard static-ipaddress & pppoe on wan1 & wan2 respectively (in failover mode), and i have 2 S2S tunnels (to remote Cisco ISR 2900series routers using ikev2), and i do have C2S vpn servers configured (1 each for ikev1 and ikev2)...and there is ofcourse l2tp-with-ipsec server....all working in v22....and then i too upgraded (manually after downloading) to v1.0.03.24....and the upgrade was successful and all the services configured are working....(ofcourse i dont have ips/web/content-filtering enabled)...the S2S tunnels are up, and iam able to connect to the ipsec vpn server & the l2tp-ipsec tunnel too...

maybe this info would be of some help...???

This configuration is a 4 vlan's, 2 are intervlan, the 340 is the dhcp host, some ip reservations on the each of the vlans.

Some rules for exception vlan crossing, 3 port lag to the first switch on the network which is a 3 gig from switch to switch on the opposite end of building. Over all, I have been impressed with the RV340.. 

Like I said before, after update, some services appear to not be working.  icmp mostly if I was to narrow the cause.  No dns, no ping to the other side, no router name advertisement (I noticed this with a network scan - The name of the router didn't show).  DHCP works, I was able to get one wirelessly.  But this required a quick fix and that was to drop back to 1.0.03.22.

Hi CitNetGuy,

I did a factory reset with the new firmware and reconfigure. At first, it was still faulty until I removed the USB key. I know, it's weird but it worked for me for the past few days . Do you have something connected to one of the USB ports? 

As of today, everything seems to be working but I monitor the router often.

hi

just one clarification please, i was under the impression that the LAG feature on RV34x supports only 2 lan-ports.

does it work with 3 lan-ports?????

thanks

Yes, 3.

LAG 3.JPG

nagrajk1969
Spotlight
Spotlight

Thank you so much

IgorOV
Level 1
Level 1

I had so far 1 issue...  DNS LOCAL DATABASE stopped functioning 

then rolledback to .22 and all good again

IgorOV
Level 1
Level 1

1 nice thing I saw is a "SCHEDULE REBOOT",  I had even asked a time ago for this feature...  

But first I need the DNS LOCAL DATABASE BUG solved

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: