cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New firmware 1.0.03.24 for rv340w

chamel123
Level 1
Level 1

Someone having a wan issue with the latest firmware? In my case, the wan1 interface doesn't connect anymore. Had to rollback to 1.0.03.22.

Looks like  1.0.03.27 is the good one!! Thanks Cisco

60 Replies 60

etihaenni
Level 1
Level 1

So far so good, it is stable since the update to .24 on March 30th.

etihaenni
Level 1
Level 1

After 1 week without problem using the .24 version of the firmware, I just upgrade to .26 and it works correctly. Let's wait one more week if it stay stable.

Do you use LOCAL DNS DATABASE?

We use a local DB for Service Auth Sequence (not RADIUS, LDAP nor ACTIVE DIRECTORY), and have local user accounts configured for remove VPN logins.  We use external DNS servers for the router, so the router probably has a local DNS database in RAM, but I don't see anywhere to configure that.

@dennisgrube 

You go to LAN--> DNS Local Database

Yes, I use Local DNS Database. And it works correctly. I check with {nslookup "host" "ip address of router"} and it returns the correct information, and I also check by reaching device with "\\hostname" in Windows explorer and it reach the target device, even on S2S VPN subnets.

You can find the Local DNS Database in LAN --> Local DNS Database.

I also have "DNS Proxy" enabled in my VLAN profiles.

etihaenni
Level 1
Level 1

One week running .26 firmware version, so far so good. No instabilities, even with some huge S2S VPN data transfer. The workaround proposed by andresdn work correctly. Here is what I did starting from .22:

- Backup the configuration (Just in case a rollback to .22 is needed)

- Upgrade to .24 and reboot

- Backup the configuration to the PC, edit the file by removing all lines as the following: <order>****</order>. I had to remove 11 lines.

- Reboot the router to default setup

- After reboot, upload the modified config file to startup configuration and reboot the router.

Then you should be fine and ready to upgrade to .26

Don't forget that if you need to downgrade, first restart the router by switching to .24 fw image, and then downgrade to .22.

etihaenni
Level 1
Level 1

Two weeks since the upgrade to .26, no issue to report. The router is working like a charm.

chamel123
Level 1
Level 1

Just upgrade to  1.0.03.27 and everything ran smootly. For those on .22, I think you.ll be happy with this one

I upgraded to .27 from .22 and it works without an issue.

Sadly, when the update came in my replacement firewall did too. 

I have been a big advocate for the RV340 and still am, except that it will be EOL here in a few months.

I would like to get a few small business 48 port poe switches with 10gb ports but there are none at ingram micro or tech data.

Sad that anything decent worth having can't get off a boat or be made because of a chip shortage.

etihaenni
Level 1
Level 1

Upgraded to .27 last week, work as expected, even after few reboot.

We have also upgraded 6 of the RV-340’s directly from 1.0.03.22 to 1.0.03.27 without upgrade issue. The only problem we have seen with 1.0.03.27 is that there is a constant logging of attempts to reconnect site to site VPN connections when the connection is already established. It does not seem to break the existing tunnel, but keeps logging that it cannot make the connection because it already exists.

Hello everybody, I've just upgraded straight from v1.0.03.22 to v1.0.03.28 without any issues and without any cfg manual editing. I'll update if any things strange happens, SSL VPN is also working fine. So thanks to everybody for your effort and for sharing the results.

OliverSu
Level 1
Level 1

I also confirm that we upgraded straight from v1.0.03.22 to v1.0.03.28 without any issues. Everything work fine.

giulio.biondo
Level 1
Level 1

I confirm too that the new firmware works fine