cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New firmware 1.0.03.24 for rv340w

chamel123
Level 1
Level 1

Someone having a wan issue with the latest firmware? In my case, the wan1 interface doesn't connect anymore. Had to rollback to 1.0.03.22.

Looks like  1.0.03.27 is the good one!! Thanks Cisco

60 Replies 60

Hello Everybody,

same issue, I installed the RV34X-v1.0.03.24-2021-10-22-09-51-15-AM, I can't surf internet anymore, I can't ping WAN1 and 2 from the PC but I can do it from the ping test of the RV34x... I went back to 1.0.03.22 and I everything works normally... Anybody knows what happened?

My Best

mhibou
Level 1
Level 1

Exact same issue. Upgraded, crashed, rollbacked to 1.0.03.22, worked again.

dennisgrube
Level 1
Level 1

I also have this problem on an RV340 set up for automatic update and install.  No link of traffic across between the LAN ports and the connected WAN port after the 1.0.03.24 firmware update.  Rolled back to 1.0.03.22 and the device was fine.  Have not tried to manually upgrade the firmware on any of our RV340s set up for notification only without automatic installation.

jamesward
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading to 1.0.03.24 I was no longer able to login to the management console. I did a factory reset and everything seems fine now.

etihaenni
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same issue when I upgrade to .24 yesterday evening. I had to rollback to .22 to get access to internet. I have a standard WAN configuration using DHCP.

Two strange things:

- Windows 10 tells that internet is reachable (network icon) but no way to browse the internet.

- S2S VPNs works correctly, subnets are accessible.

CitNetGuy
Level 1
Level 1

Follow-Up..  It has been busy getting ready for the holidays and I hadn't had time to contact support.

Has anyone reached out to support?

OliverSu
Level 1
Level 1

Me too, rollback to 1.0.03.22.

Date and time sync is wrong.

VPN users cannot connect anymore.

Has anyone seen any reply from CISCO about this?
No solution so far other than reinstalling .22 again?

- If you are looking for a solution , then take this path :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

So you are saying that even if the issue is caused by an obviously bugged release (considering the number of comments in this thread), well documented in a Cisco official community thread, Cisco won't release a fix, or at least look into the issue, unless someone opens a TAC?

>.....at least look into the issue, unless someone opens a TAC

Confirmed , note : this is (only) the community , the community is populated by volunteers, it not an official support channel. So instead of the 'weaker' continuous attitudes (replies) 'I see this too' , the stronger attitude is making a call. If everyone makes a ticket  then that will also trigger a  sense of urgency for Cisco : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Ok, thanks

@marce1000 wrote:

>.....at least look into the issue, unless someone opens a TAC

Confirmed , note : this is (only) the community , the community is populated by volunteers, it not an official support channel. So instead of the 'weaker' continuous attitudes (replies) 'I see this too' , the stronger attitude is making a call. If everyone makes a ticket  then that will also trigger a  sense of urgency for Cisco : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

M.

I believe, with the varying symptoms that have been described in the forum, the issue, for me at least,  is time to t-shoot with TAC.  So, we come here and skim for a quick answer. I am off tomorrow and maybe I will have the time to make that call.

I was under the impression that you needed a current support contract to file TAC. I do not, as this unit sits at my home. However, when a fw upgrade has these problems I think Cisco should provide a way of issuing a trouble ticket, do they?

I'm in the exact same situation... No contract, no support. I'm not sure that Cisco is in the home networking market. It has been a pain, just to get a Smart Account that is required to buy a security package for the rv340w. For us 'Home customers' I think the only way to go is rollback and wait. Or maybe there's a good samaritan out there with a contract that coult open a ticket for the community

Cheers