cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No access information logged for PPTP Server on RV042

linatrolsystems
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured PPTP Server on RV042, and created 3 accounts. I am able to connect from Windows PC without any problems.

In the router's logging utility, there doesn't appear to be any log entries indicating either successful or failed attempts to connect to PPTP server. The only access logs I see are for access to the router's configuration utility. Is there a way to view PPTP access in the router system log?

4 Replies 4

linatrolsystems
Level 1
Level 1

Still haven't found a solution.

My router firmware is v4.1.1.01. There is nothing appearing in VPN log when users access PPTP server. Do I have a setup problem, or does the RV042 not log PPTP server access?

They do on the V2 routers, but they don't seem to on any of the V3s I have in service.

Good morning Al Seabrook

Thanks for using our forum

You have a RV042 version 3, this version doesn´t support this feature, however RV042 v2 does.

Greetings.

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco network support engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Thank you for the response. Now I don't feel like an idiot because I can't figure out how to turn on the logging feature.

But I am left scratching my head. Is logging not a fundamental requirement of network security? How do I audit the PPTP server usage if there is no logging?

Also, can you tell me why version 3 routers don't support routing? I spent many hours searching for answers to this question, and could not find any documentation stating that some RV042 router don't support logging. Was the feature removed, or was this an oversight? Is there any chance that it will be added?