Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

No connection after re-dial in - RV220W / VoIP

Hi,

i have a problem with my RV220W. I`m using the RV220W Firewall and a Auerswald 5020 VoIP telephone system.

The WAN modem is a zyxel VDSL Bridge, the provider Deutsche Telekom Business VDSL, my VOIP provider is QSC, using a SIP Trunk product.

All works fine together, using the dynamic IP mode. Deutsche Telekom disconnects the VDSL Session every 24 hours. Thats no problem, after the re-dial in the VoIP telefone system, reconnects after one minute and I can reach again my telefones.

Now i changed from dynamic to a permanent IP adress. To use this it`s just a setting in an administration portal, so you just have to change the router "username" to dial-in. After that, Deutsche Telekom assigns the router every dial in the same IP adress, the router is still in dynamic mode.

When i use the permanent ip adress, the re-registration of the voip telefone systems fails and I can`t understand why.

I don`t change anything in the firewall settings, all ports and adresses are the same, theres no blocking.

All other internet services are working fine.

When i restart the router the next 24 hours, using a permanent ip adress the VoIP service works fine.

Do you have any ideas, why I have that problem? Are there some caches in the router that has to be deleted?

Thanks!

Best regards

Philipp

0 REPLIES 0