Views
Helpful
Replies

No Internet Access from DMZ subnet

Juan Escobari
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Support Community:

I have an email server on port WAN2/DMZ on a RV320 with IP address 172.16.20.2.
The DMZ subnet is 172.16.20.0, with network mask 255.255.255.248

I need to access the internet from my email server (172.16.20.2) but I can't get past the router (172.16.20.1) no matter what I do.

I believe I have the firewall access rules properly configured. I'm attaching a screenshot below for you guys to check that out.

I even tried to access the internet turning off the firewall but still, nothing.

Help please! Thanks in advance,

Juan Pablo

7 Replies 7

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

I don't know how the DMZ implementation is on the rv320, but it may not allow any access from the lan to the dmz and have no way to bypass this.  I don't have this particular rv unit, so I can't check myself, but I have seen this same behavior on the netgear fvs318n.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

There's no problem accessing the DMZ from the LAN and vice-versa.

The problem is reaching the Internet from the DMZ hosts.

Gotcha.  Why do you have the rules set under priority 3 and 4?  Were these added by default or did you add them?

They are rules 3 and 4 to give them priority over any other rule that follows. I added them.

I have even tried to reach the Internet from the DMZ hosts with the firewall disabled and still, no ping.

Disable/remove those rules and see what happens.

Still, no response.

Why should I disable/remove these rules?

Thanks for the help anyway!

That's super strange.

Since you added them, I just wanted to remove them since by default the router will provide Internet access to devices in the dmz.

So the final thing to try--factory default the router, plug in only the Internet and a single known working item into the dmz and test.  If this doesn't work, something may be wrong with the router itself.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: