cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Internet Access with Static IP and RVS 4000

matt
Level 1
Level 1

I have an RVS 4000.  I have several PC's to which I have assigned static IP addresses.  I have recently upgraded most of the PC's to Win 7 (64) machines.  I updated the firmware on the RVS4000 to 1.3.3.5 in conjunction with this.  After such update (and actually before as well) I could not assign a static IP address to a PC and have access to the internet.  It connects fine to my LAN, just no internet access.  This is also affected on several other machines running Win XP and Win 2003 Server, so it's not just this computer. 

I have:

1.  Shut down (powered off/unplugged) everything, router, DSL modem, switches, server, etc.

2.  As I said firmware is current.

3.  Yes, DNS servers and gateway, subnet, etc. are all correctly specified on the PC.

4.  Router is set for gateway mode.

5.  Set to only IPV4.

The only way it allows internet access is to use DHCP.  I've even tried taking the IP address via DHCP and manually assigning the DNS servers and that works fine, but as soon as I assign a static IP internet access is immediately gone.

There must be something I'm missing, but I can't seem to find it.

Everything worked fine prior to the conversion of the Win 7 machines, i.e. I had several PC's with static IP's and no problems.

Any thoughts appreciated.

1 Reply 1

matt
Level 1
Level 1

As an addendum, if I turn off the Firewall (internet access policy to disable) it will allow the static IP computer to have internet access.  I have the DHCP range set to be .5 - .54 and am using a static ip outside this range.  The Internet access policy is to restrict those PC's getting IP via DHCP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: