cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

no internet rv260-k9 v01 connection bridge mode huawei lte b715s-23c

maximan2022
Level 1
Level 1

should it be possible to operate the cisco router rv260-k9 v01 firmware 1.0.01.08 with a huawei lte modem b715s-23s in bridge mode "I have a corresponding static ip for it".
I've been trying to configure this for a while
but unfortunately the internet doesn't work
or I would then like to set up an IPsec Vpn connection.

according to status and statics
Under IPv4, I get the corresponding IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, dns, etc. of the provider.

but no internet works via lan cable, no ping to the internet.

is there a solution to this

best regards

hello

9 Replies 9

Jitendra Kumar
Spotlight
Spotlight

huawei  modem b715s-23s 

According to tech. Hotline, the current firmware can not bridge mode.

Apparently, the manufacturer (Huawei) was asked for a firmware version with bridge mode - maybe it will help to apply

Bug--11.195.03.01.165

Upgrade to or above 11.193.01.02.418

Thanks,
Jitendra

Hi
thanks for your mail
I can activate the bridge mode on the huawei, it also works on other routers tp-link etc....
but with this model cv260 i get no internet.

The firmware 11.197.01.00.965 is installed on the huawei b715s-23s.

thanks

Below is the config guide you can refer to for the correct config.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/RV260/Admin_Guide/b_RV260x_AG.pdf

Thanks,
Jitendra

Hi
thanks for your mail
I know this description and have read it.
I set up WAN via DHCP or as static, but unfortunately no internet.

if I connect the hauwei modem to the WAN in normal mode, the internet works

the huawei modem works correctly in bridge mode with DHCP/WAN with other routers, tplink, netgear, etc.
incl vpn ipsec, or pptp

thanks

I have the same problem, Port Traffic shows that the connection exists, what is strange I get like 20 seconds of connectivity after initially connecting the cable into the WAN port, after this 20 seconds "Request was time out".

The router-bridge I'm using is also a Huawei but B535-232. With the same configuration Tp-link E605 and my PC works without problem. RV260 gets all the proper IP, mask and gateway. The routing table also seems to be ok. 
Diagnostic done on RV260 when trying to ping 1.1.1.1, I get "Network is unreachable" but DNS lookup done on this server work, and addresses resolves correctly. On the other hand nslookup on PC connected to LAN returned DNS request was time out.
I tried resetting RV260 to default settings, didn't help. 

You need to go to AN->Multi WAN-> Advanced Config and Uncheck "Enable Network Service Detection". After that it started working.

anwoj566845
Level 1
Level 1

I found the culprit! In my case disabling PnP helped, try going into the System Configuration -> PnP and disabling the option.

EDIT: It helped for 20 seconds or so... 

maximan
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks that was the solution to my problem..... 

maximan
Level 1
Level 1

this information from you helped

You need to go to AN->Multi WAN-> Advanced Config and Uncheck "Enable Network Service Detection". After that it started working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: