cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Open Port on RV110W

Jasonmega
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed QuickBooks 2015 on my server.

Our firewall is being managed by our Cisco RV110W.

Our server is running Windows Server 2003.

I have read several KB articles and in order to get QB to function properly across the network in multi user mode, I have to open the following ports in order to get QB Database Server Manager to work.

Make sure TCP is selected and type in the following ports for your year of QuickBooks: (if you have multiple years of QuickBooks installed or will be using, you will need to add each years ports as well in this format: 8019, XXXXX, XXXXX, XXXXX, XXXXX).

• QuickBooks 2015: 8019, 56725, 55363-55367

I do not know how to do this, and would really appreciate a walkthrough if someone was willing to help.

Jason

13 Replies 13

mpyhala
    Level 7
    Level 7

Jason,

Browse to Firewall-> Single Port Forwarding. 

Find a blank space and enter QB1 (Application). 

Enter the External and Internal Port as 8019. 

Select TCP for protocol. 

Enter the LAN IP address of the Quickbooks computer.

Check Enable.

Repeat for port 56725, except name the Application QB2 or something.

Save at the bottom of the page.

Browse to Firewall-> Port Range Forwarding

Application: QB3 (Make something up)

Start: 55363

End: 55367

Protocol: TCP

IP Address: Same as above, IP address of Quickbooks computer

Check: Enable

Save

Browse to: http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

Enter port number 8019 and press Check. The port should be open.

Please let us know the results.

- Marty

Hi Marty,

Before I go ahead with this, the IP address in this case would be that of my server, which is where the data for QB is stored?

Jason

Jason,

My guess is that the server is where the traffic needs to be forwarded to.

- Marty

This is all great.

I am logged into the router>firewall>single port forwarding

There are no blank slots. Should I overwrite something that is not enabled or is there a way to add blank slots.

Jason,

If you scroll down there should be several blank spaces, but it is fine to overwrite any of the defaults.

- Marty

Do I need to reboot router in order for changes to take place?

Jason,

No need to reboot. If it is not working, make sure that you are on the latest firmware: 1.2.1.4

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283879340&softwareid=282487380&release=1.2.1.4&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest 

- Marty

My current firmware is 1.0.0.2

I have never upgraded this since it was installed a few years ago.

What is involved in upgrading my firmware and would the port forwarding not work regardless to the firmware update?

Jason,

Port Forwarding was broken on some older firmware versions. 

Download the firmware

Browse to Administration-> Firmware/Language Upgrade

Browse to the file that you downloaded

Press Start Upgrade

The router will reboot and have the latest firmware installed

- Marty

OK I will try that. I will have to get everyone logged off I guess. I am going to keep my fingers crossed that I don't mess this up.

HI Marty,

I updated the firmware. So far I have not seen any problems as a result of the upgrade.

Unfortunately, it does not appear that the port forwarding/opening is working. I even went to that website you posted earlier and it does not show the port as being open.

Any other suggestions?

Jason,

Glad to see that the firmware upgrade was successful. Is there another router in front of the RV110W? In other words, does the ISP supply a modem (single ethernet port) or a modem/router. If it is a router, you will need to ask the ISP to forward ALL ports to the IP address of the RV110W (WAN IP) or your port forwarding is in vain. If that is the case, ask them to BRIDGE the modem/router, so that the RV110W has a true WAN IP on the WAN port.

- Marty

You are right, you will need to use the LAN IP of the server that you want to allow access to.

I hope this is helpful

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: