deecee
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the the how the network is setup

Internet-->RV160w-->Server

WAN = 157.*.*.*

LAN = 192.168.0.0/24

OPENVPN =10.8.0.1

I can connect from my home laptop client (OpenVPN connect) to the WAN and get a IP address of 10.8.0.*. Once I am on the network, I can't ping local IP address on the 192.168.0.0/24 but only the VLAN 1 IP address . On the RV160W in Administration>Diagnostic  I can ping all LAN address. I was wondering do I have to setup any static routes from the 10 network to the 192 and vice versa? I want to use this device as a VPN, Please HELP.

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have Access allow (ACP/ACL to to access from network 10.8.x.x to 192.168.0.X ?)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

deecee
Level 1
Level 1

here is my ACL, priority 1 i jsut setup.  it does not work, can't access

nagrajk1969
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi 

DELETE THE ANY-TO-ANY-PERMIT ACL IMMEDIATELY.

You dont need to add any firewall rules. Just check and ensure that the lan-hosts/server in the vlan1 network are configured with the "default-gateway ipaddress of 192.168.0.x which is the vlan1 ipaddress on RV160

deecee
Level 1
Level 1

i have another device that is the main router with the default route. This RV160 device is just for VPN access to the internal network.  I prefer to use OpenVPN Connect because the client is still updated. The laptop connected with the OpenVPN client, can ping the RV160 ip address and  from the tracert it is going thru  Client Address Pool IP.  I think there is some route that i am missing. Let me know if there is any configs you guys want to know. 

nagrajk1969
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

As you mentioned, the issue is only due to some missing route(s) in either the "Rv160" and/or the lan-hosts/servers and/or the "Main-Router"....

Is your deployment like sample below?

opnvpnClient---internet---[Rv160]vlan1----[Main-Router]-----(lan-hosts/server)

If yes, as you said

- The "Main-Router" has the default route to RV160...which is correct config

- And so my query now with reference to lan-hosts in the above deployment was "Are the lan-hosts configured with the default-gateway ipaddress of the "Main-router"????

- And with reference to above deployment, does the RV160 have a static routed configured to route traffic to lan-hosts subnet via the main-router (using the vlan1 interface)?????

Post your network deployment schematic with the ipaddresses and subnets you have configured mentioned..

Double check everything even if you feel that it maybe or will be configured...

bilvi
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same situation.   Do you get it to work on your end?

I assume it has to do with the routing as the RV160 is not the default gateway?