cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Please be advised, the GuideMe Wizard is no longer available on the Small Business Support Community. For search capability please use the community search field to find content related to Cisco Small Business documents, videos, and discussions.
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Placing a Cisco RV340 behind a USG Pro 4 for IKEv2/IPsec or SSTP VPN

Evening All,

Just wondering if anyone had thoughts or advice re: the above scenario? I am currently using a USG Pro 4 which has terrible L2TP/IPsec speeds, could I purchase a Cisco RV340 and place behind the USG Pro 4 for Client VPN access (AnyConnect).

I would greatly appreciate any comments or advice.

Thank you!

Brad

Everyone's tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Cisco Employee

Re: Placing a Cisco RV340 behind a USG Pro 4 for IKEv2/IPsec or SSTP VPN

That will work. Anyconnect throughput is about 30Mbps on RV340. It uses SSL. So you need to forward the Anyconnect port ( typically 7443 or 8443 ) to the RV340. Works out of the box with mobile devices. Anyconnect clinet is on app or play stores.

For up to 650Mbps throughput you can use IPsec from a laptop. Anyconnect client not requried. However I have no experience on IPSec VPN passthru on the USG.

Jo

Beginner

Thanks Jo - appreciate the reply!

Highlighted
Beginner

Following is the capacity and performance of rv340 regarding VPNs. You can compare these with USG 4 and if rv340 is better than USG 4, then I will suggest replace USG 4 with RV340, not put it behind USG 4.

Capture.JPG