cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port Forwarding Issue

isntsean0
Level 1
Level 1

I have inherited a RV082 setup and having an issue I can't seem to fix or even really diagnose with port forwarding.  In order to get Windows RDP working on the various computers in the office, I need to forward a different port to each computer.  I have forwarded the various ports to the static ip's of each of the computers in environment.  Only one works.  Not only can I not RDP into any of the other computers, when I use a port checking tool, the only port that is open is the working computer's port.  I have checked to make sure all three are enabled.  In addition, I have turned off Windows Firewall on these computers to see if that was somehow the culprit, with no change.  I have attached the screenshot of the forwarding.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sean

4 Replies 4

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have inherited a RV082 setup and having an issue I can't seem to fix or even really diagnose with port forwarding.  In order to get Windows RDP working on the various computers in the office, I need to forward a different port to each computer.  I have forwarded the various ports to the static ip's of each of the computers in environment.  Only one works.  Not only can I not RDP into any of the other computers, when I use a port checking tool, the only port that is open is the working computer's port.  I have checked to make sure all three are enabled.  In addition, I have turned off Windows Firewall on these computers to see if that was somehow the culprit, with no change.  I have attached the screenshot of the forwarding.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sean

Hi Sean,

Check out the below link for port forwarding on RV082 with proper steps

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Linksys/RV082/default.htm

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

You can configure "asymmtric forwarding" rules at Setup>UPnP page.

The Setup>Forwarding page only allows you to configure symmetric forwarding rule.

tekliu,

While knowing that will make the eventual configuration of the RDP easier, I am still having the issue that, except for the single port that works, forwarded ports either through the "port forwarding" menu or through "UPnP" are not showing up as open.  So until I can open up more external ports to send to the correct internal port to the various computers, I am still stuck.

I Have turned off the windows firewall on all computers and have no other software firewalls installed.  Once I forward a port, especially one like 3389 that is common, shouldn't it show up as open in a port check tool?

>Once I forward a port, especially one like 3389 that is common, shouldn't it show up as open in a port check tool?

It may depend on whether you have computers actually responding to the forwarded packets.