Views
Helpful
Replies

Port forwarding problems with Rv-120W

DmitryAvet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all.

We have the following proplem with the RV 120w router with the last firmware. We can't manage to set up port forwarding. So the situation is like this: we have WAN ip: 192.168.2.68 and our router connects to VPN server and gets an IP like 10.0.10.X. 

In the inner network we have PCs and a DVR (digital video recorder) with ip 192.168.1.215. Our DVR uses 3 main ports like 81 (http) and 37777 (tcp), 37778 (udp) and we try to make port forwarding with the router interface like the manual says (look and the sceenshot). But when we try to enter our DVR and see the picture from the outside network (we type in browser 192.168.2.68:81) nothing happends. It just dosen't work.

Before cisco we used d-link router and everything worked just fine with the same port forwarding rules. We've tried a lot of options there, but it didn't help. Could you give us any suggestions to solve this.

So we need to enter WAN address in Cisco and show the 81 port in the address bar and see the picture from the DVR 192.168.1.215 from the inner network.

3 Replies 3

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Dmitry,

Since your RV120 has a private ip address on its WAN port, then a number of things can be wrong. I would like to see all rules before the RV120. We need a complete topology of your network to determine case of your issue. I haven't seen any forwarding problems with RV120 so the problem exists somewhere else, besides forwarding rules.

You mention your router connects to a vpn server, please include this into your topology with all inside address on each interface. Also you can do some packet captures on the RV120 to verify that the packets are making it to the RV120 outside interface. Please provide as much details as possible with configuration of device. Like you did, showing forwarding rules; we have to be able follow how traffic flows within your network to determine what could be your problem. We also need to know how things are configured. This is usually hard over a support forum but doable with good detail information.

You also can call the SBSC @ 1-866-606-1866 and open a support case.

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Cisco Support Engineer

.:|:.:|:.

Thanks for your answer. Now I'll try to describe our network.

So we have the unix server in the main bulding which has real inernet ip-address 195.16.76.150.

And we have the inner network in the main bulding with the network from 10.0.0.10 to 10.0.0.200.

On that Free-bsd server we also have VPN server installed for the outside connections.

Our branches connect via our local provider network to our main VPN server and make tunnels, so they enter our inner network and work there via rdp.

Our internet provider uses lan and also gives private IP addresses, so at our branch where cisco router is installed has this one: 192.168.2.68

So our cisco has WAN ip 192.168.2.68 and it “rings” to our main server which is 195.16.76.150 and receives IP: 10.0.1.151. Now all the computers behind cisco router are in the same network with the main bulding.

Lan ip of cisco router is 192.168.1.200

Lan ip of DVR is 192.168.1.215. It uses 3 ports:81 for http page and 37777(tcp) and 37778(udp).

On the following screenshots you can see our specs. The result we want to achieve is to access DVR page from the network from the main office (10.0.0.x). I can repeat that with D-link I had to put http://192.168.2.68:81 to the address page in order to see cameras page and it worked just with the common port forwarding rules, but it doesn’t with that one and I can’t guess why. Cisco looks completely closed from the outside network, it even doesn’t respond to ping though the mar “respond to ping” is on.

Sceenshots show main parameters, others are default. If you need any other information we’ll provide it. Thank you for your help.

P.S. Sorry for my english, i'm from Ukraine.

I see similar problem:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2101790

Any ideas?