Views
Helpful
Replies

Port Mirroring is broken on RVS4000

83733h7363
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I am using an RVS4000, Firmware Version:             V2.0.3.2.

If i try to enable port mirroring, after i click on the save button i get:

*     {~._.~}      *
  *      ( Y )       *
   *    ()~*~()    *
     *  (_)-(_)  *
ap_name=qos action=stop
/bin/cp /proc/uptime /tmp/var/run/rc.qos.run
Content-type: text/html

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<title>Port Mirroring</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">

and it continues to spit other html code.

There is no need to mention that mirroring doesn't happen.
10 Replies 10

83733h7363
Level 1
Level 1

Funny how nobody has something to say. I should get my money back.

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Simone,

Have you tried any other web browser?

- Marty

This is IE 11.0.2 ..

*           *    *      *   *      *  *     {~._.~}      *  *      ( Y )       *   *    ()~*~()    *     *  (_)-(_)  *       *       *         *   *           * ap_name=qos action=stop /bin/cp /proc/uptime /tmp/var/run/rc.qos.run Content-type: text/html

Port Mirroring

and no other content displayed.

Moreover, i factory reset the router, downloaded and flashed latest frimware once again and checked the port mirroring setup page --> same result.

Simone,

I just set up an RVS4000 in the lab with 2.0.3.2 on it. I was able to enable Port Mirroring and save using any combination of ports. The PC is Windows 7 Pro with IE11.

What was the first browser you tested that displayed the heart shape?

- Marty

Firefox 26.0.

I am using Windows 7 Home 64 bit.

Anyway, the result is the same, the difference is that Firefox shows me the content in monospaced fonts, so the heart is shown correctly. Additionally Firefox shows all of the page content until the last tag, IE stops after the "Port Mirroring" title.

..and soon i'll have to reboot it because all of the leds are now fast blinking simultaneously (after i tried to enable and then disable the port mirroring via IE).

Simone,

This is very interesting. Do you have a different PC/tablet that you can test with? Maybe even a phone? I have had good luck with the Opera browser on Android.

Are you able to load all other pages normally?

When you reset to factory, did you hold the reset button for 10 seconds or reset from the web UI? Can you try the other way?

- Marty

Hi,

well, not so interesting, however i found the culprit. Tried from another host with Debian wheezy and Iceweasel, page loads fine and returns the correct content; so next step was starting Firefox without addons, even if i doubted it would have changed anything, because IE 11 is totally clear, no addons, nothing (i never use it)..and in fact the problem was still there.

So i tried and disabled my antivirus and that was it. Just for your information we are talking about Avast Free Edition.

At this point i don't even know if it may be worth opening  a ticket with Avast, all the other pages work as expected so this is kinda new to me - i installed Avast recently but this was the very first time i needed to mirror a port, so i can't say much more about it.

Anyway, thanks for your time and apologies for my initial "rant", but this is the second strange issue i had with this router - there's another post somewhere in this forum which did't catch many attention and i didn't solve my problem: as you earlier mentioned to have set up an RVS4000 in your lab, would you like to help me one more time? I can open a new thread if you're interested.

Thanks.

Simone,

I'm happy to see that you found the culprit. Thank you for the detailed resolution summary, I'm sure it will eventually help someone with the same problem.

I do not see any other recent posts from you, please start a new thread if you have another question.

- Marty

Yes, it was an old thread; starting  a new one right now.