Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with RV180W Login Certificate

After researching (and trying) just about every method out there to resolve this issue ("Invalid Certificate Error in several versions of IE when logging in via internal IP), I took a look at the fields in the actual certificate.  Would it be possible in the next firmware refresh to change the fields (ie Issued To and Issued By) where the MAC address is currently being used to reflect the LAN IP address of the device.

I know that I am being simplistic, but this simple change will resolve the error under IE and should make life easier fo a number of customers. IE does not match up the MAC against the device, it looks at the IP address in the browser address window.

Just a suggestion 

Robert Hessenauer                

5 Replies 5

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Robert  , you posted your question in a wrong forum, go to " Small Business Routers" so you can have more feedback on your case, more users will see it there. You can move your post using. the actions panel on the right.

Greetings

Johnnatan Rodríguez Miranda

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Jonathan,

It is in the correct forum as the device in question is an RV180W - Small Business Wireless.

Read BEFORE you post please.

Robert Hessenauer

OK Jonathan,

I did as you asked and moved this to Small Business Routers.  11 days and NOT a DARN PEEP from anyone.  Not from the community, not from Cisco.

Moving this was supposed to accomplish exactly what again?

Robert Hessenauer

Anybody?.....Bueler?.....Bueler?.....

Still waiting for some form of response here...

Robert Hessenauer

Hello Mr. Hessenauer, what your asking for is considered a feature request. If you could call in and have a case created the engineer can have this pushed up as a feature request to our next level and have them address it for you.

Thanks so much

Eric Moyers    .:|:.:|:.

Cisco Small Business US STAC Advanced Support Engineer

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

866-606-1866 ext 601027

Mon - Fri 09:00 - 18:00 (UTC - 05:00)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: