cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems getting Access Rule for a NAT to work

esessions
Level 1
Level 1

I'm new to Cisco routers so go easy on me.

Our company just purchased a RV042G so that we can start using VPN's for some of our sales reps.  There is still a need for RDC access so I setup an access rule from our WAN1 port to the internal server.  However it's not working.

I've setup this kind of rule on Sonicwalls before but I don't have alot of experience with Cisco.  I'm a bit confused as to why it's no longer working.  Any hints would be great.

Service = RDC (3389)

Source Port = WAN1

Source IP = our static IP address

Destination IP = 192.168.0.250.

What am I doing wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Clayton Sill
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Eric,

Looks like you have the first step done so fare. How access lists works on this devices is it actually just control/allow certain traffic but doesn't actually create the NAT/port forwarding. What you need to do next is go under setup and go under forwarding. You'll then create your port forwarding there. You'll click on service management again to set up what port you need forwarded (it may be already there from when you configured your access list). Some of it should be similar on how you set it up during access list but if you need further explanation let me know and I can give further detail.

Hope that helps out.

Thanks,
Clayton Sill

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

lariasqu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Eric, thank you for using our forum, my name is Luis I am part of the Small business Support community.

Let me assist you with your configuration, you want to create a Port forwarding rule from WAN1 to your internal Server, please check the link bellow in order to configure the rule.

http://www6.nohold.net/CiscoSB/Loginr.aspx?login=1&pid=2&app=search&vw=1&articleid=528

I hope you find this answer useful

Greetings,

Luis Arias.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

I've already followed the instructions on that link and it's not working.  Hence why I'm posting here.

Clayton Sill
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Eric,

Looks like you have the first step done so fare. How access lists works on this devices is it actually just control/allow certain traffic but doesn't actually create the NAT/port forwarding. What you need to do next is go under setup and go under forwarding. You'll then create your port forwarding there. You'll click on service management again to set up what port you need forwarded (it may be already there from when you configured your access list). Some of it should be similar on how you set it up during access list but if you need further explanation let me know and I can give further detail.

Hope that helps out.

Thanks,
Clayton Sill

Thanks Clayton!!