cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with configuration VPN Client access and LAN internet access in VPN Router RV082

Hi,

I want to know if is possible configure a VPN router model RV082 for following two functions at the same time or if only is possible configure one of two:

1. Access to internet from LAN

2. Access by VPN Client from remote network

My question because if I configure as router mode only works VPN access and if I  configure as gateway mode only works access to internet from LAN but never works with two functions.

Thanks

Ana Maria

1 Reply 1

rberber07
Level 1
Level 1

anamaria.fuentes wrote:

I want to know if is possible configure a VPN router model RV082 for following two functions at the same time or if only is possible configure one of two:

1. Access to internet from LAN

2. Access by VPN Client from remote network

Both simultaneously.

My question because if I configure as router mode only works VPN access and if I  configure as gateway mode only works access to internet from LAN but never works with two functions.

Assuming you have a simple network, meaning only one gateway connected to your ISP(s) and only one LAN (no other routers inside or outside) then the correct configuration is as gateway.

Now why is VPN not working in that configuration?  You have to check the settings on the VPN client, start by the essential: IP address, net mask, gateway (the client will have 2 of each, one associated with the network card, and another associated with the VPN; they should be in different networks.)

The first test on the client should be a 'ping ', and make sure LAN_IP is used, not WAN_IP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: