Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS bandwidth rate limit don't work

alopezocampo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Buy a router RV120W, and one of the reasons is limit of bandwidth (QoS). I set up a profile of 1-256 kbps limit, and apply it to the only VLAN that is configured, but does not work and can navigate using the full bandwidth of the internet connection. My firmware version is 1.0.2.6

Screenshots attached

thanks

screenshots attached

rv120w-1.png

rv120w-2.png

rv120w-3.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You may need a Cisco Small Business 300 series managed switch to accomplish your scenario.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

alopezocampo
Level 1
Level 1

I tried with vlan, subnet, ssid and always the same, any ideas?

The rate limiting is effective only when the total traffic exceeds the available WAN bandwidth.

Thanks Tekliu

So how I can do to make the devices connected to RV120w may only take up to 256 kbps my internet connection?

RV120W will not restrict the traffic flow when the WAN bandwidth is under-utilized. 

thank you very much

Then I will try another way or another device. Know any of the small business family that can do this?

You may need a Cisco Small Business 300 series managed switch to accomplish your scenario.

alopezocampo
Level 1
Level 1

Research and RV120W router does not offer this feature as I need it. However the Cisco WRVS4400N Wireless-N Gigabit Security Router - VPN v2.0 includes this function and the price is very similar. The difference is that the WRVS4400N can configure kbps up and down you want to assign to specific users without exceeding the limit.

ericv97200
Level 1
Level 1

Struggling with a similar issue:

the setup: internet adsl <--1mbs--> combined router/modem <--100mbs--> RV 120W

Internet speed is 1mbs. I want to priotize voip calls (via port) and deprioritize one machine (doing downloads). rest of the network should have something in between.

Firmware upgraded to 1.0.3.10

I created the profiles bindings, then in QoS settings, selected Priority, Wan total bandwidth 1mbs, and distributed my profiles onto low/med/high (10/31/61).

When what should be low is downloading, it gets the whole 1mbs and the other are dead slow.

Changed to rate limit, changed the parameters, etc... no more luck.

Can you please shed some light as how to configure this - in my case, the whole bw of wan is being used, and prioriization is not happening,

Rgds