cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS on WRV210

fortressjc
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to configure QoS on the WRV210 to have FTP traffic take preference over HTTP traffic, but it does not appear to be working.

I've created two user-defined settings under Application-based QoS --> Bandwidth Allocation.  They both have the source IP as the local computer (i.e. 192.168.1.100) with subnet 255.255.255.255.  The protocols are set to TCP 21 and 80 respectively, for FTP and HTTP.  The bandwdith allocation policy is set to "guaranteed," with 99% for FTP and 1% for HTTP.  I left the "DSCP Marking" disabled for both.

When I launch an HTTP session while an FTP session is going, it slows down the FTP traffic.  Eyeing it out, bandwidth appears about 50/50, whereas I expected 99/1.

Can anybody provide some insight on this?  Thanks a bunch!

2 Replies 2

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Hi fortressjc,

Thank you for posting. This is an interesting question. I have tested only the Port Based QoS on the WRV210 and it works very well. Here are a few things for you to test:

1. Change the Src/Dest to Dest IP instead of source. Leave everything else the same and test.
  2. Add a DSCP value of 5 for FTP and 1 for HTTP.

Please remember to let us know if this helps or if you need further assistance. Thanks!

Hi mpyhala,

Unfortunately, that didn't help.  I called into support as well, and we couldn't figure it out.  They said the QoS implementation is not working and to get another router.

Thanks for your time though.  Unfortunately, there's not much we can do with this model...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: