cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS Wi-Fi Calling on RV345

parkernathan
Level 1
Level 1

I need to prioritize Wi-Fi Calling for Apple's iPhones (iPhone 12 Pro, on T-Mobile, AT&T, or Verizon for the carriers) on the RV345.

I looked at this link from Apple Support:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202944

I'm attaching screenshots of my RV345 settings showing the adjustments I made to the RV345 to QoS Wi-Fi Calling traffic. Did I do this correctly, or do I need to make additional adjustments?

The other two QoS lines in the system are for my VOIP ATA (that's on a separate VLAN) and for my work's VOIP phone system (Jive/GoToConnect).

Thanks!

Nathan Parker
2 Replies 2

parkernathan
Level 1
Level 1

Anything on this?

Nathan Parker

train_wreck
Level 1
Level 1

I've generally been able to get WiFi calling from most major carriers by prioritizing UDP 500 and 4500. Every smartphone makes a persistent IKEv2 VPN connection to the cell provider and uses that for the call transport. Sometimes i see references to some people needing TCP port 143 for WiFi calling, but in my experience it hasn't been necessary. One caveat to this is that because WiFi calling uses standard VPN ports, any other VPN traffic tp/from inside hosts will be classified with the same priority, and thus will compete with WiFi calling in terms of prioritization. So for example someone downloading a large file over their personal VPN could easily saturate the queue.

Also heads up if you're not aware, the 345 (and all of the RV3xx series) are EoL later this month, meaning no more security updates. My organization retired all of our RVs this past summer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: