cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Questions about RV120 for SMB use - Reviews

BlairN_JW
Level 1
Level 1

On paper, the RV120 is perfect for what I need for my client.  He has 3 locations and needs to be able to VPN into the network at each site.  This unit also needs to serve as a hard wire router and wireless router.

The experiences and reviews on this unit around the net are very, very bad.  I understand that a firmware version came out to correct many of these issues but the overal stigma for this model is terrible.

My question is: Has this unit improved enough to be a stable, reliable network router?  I need this to work out of the box at multiple locations.

IF NOT, what is a suggested unit around the same price point or more?  $150-$300.  (Wireless, 4 ports, VPN)

1 Reply 1

gloidl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Blair,

While it is true that some issue were found in this unit it is also true that Cisco has move speedily to resolve these issues and issued firmware versions to correct these problems.

These Routers are all designed to work out of the box, have initial setup wizzards for easier initial configuration and are relatively simple to use.

There are a number of devices you may wish to consider ranging from the RV110, RV120, RV180, RV220 and finally the RV215. All have versions with or without wireless.

In fact you can get a feel for these devices by logging in to the online deno pages and see for yourself.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business/onlinedemos#RV120W

Lastly, there are always Cisco Certified Engineers available to assist in any query or question you may have. Dont be put-of by complaints whilst I do not wish to minimise their issues or complaints we always go out of our way to assit wherever we can and there are many many customers that value our devices and run them susccessfully for years and years.