Views
Helpful
Replies

Quick VPN can see device webpages but not shares

mavbritton
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a network running on a WRVS4400n.  I have 3 Windows 7 PC's, and Iomega Storcenter, Axis Camera, Brother Printer etc.

The last three all have webpages that I can access by IP address through the browser using QuickVPN.  The Storcenter has a some software that you can install on each PC including the remote one I am using and it sorts out the shares into mapped drives that can be accessed via Windows Explorer.

However the PC's cannot be accessed by the Shares I have made nor C$.  I have Windows Live Mesh installed on 2 of the machines so I can get into to make changes.

The PC's cannnot be access by IP \\192.168.34.120 or \\HP-Desktop etc

I understand that there are issues with Netbios and the DNS etc but i have been trying for the last 2 weeks and can't seem to get anywhere.  I seems weird that I can access the mapped drives for the Iomega either by entering \\192.168.34.126 in the Windows Explorer bar.  The name for the iomega does not work however.

Any help would be great

Mark

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: