cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"NAT Loopback" vs "One-to-one NAT" on Cisco RV320.

gregcoggin
Level 1
Level 1

I can't find any documentation that tells me whether or not I can use NAT Loopback on a Cisco RV320. I must have this for our app to work but my boss already bought the RV320 and I need to know if it will do this. If not, is there a way to use one-to-one NAT to let 100's of users access our FTP server from inside our network?

Thanks.

10 Replies 10

sincables
Level 1
Level 1

I have one RV042G and IT hace One-to-One NAT available but I don't know anything about NAT Loopback. It should be the same in both units but I'm not shure either.

Cheers!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Zhaoqiang Wang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you mean access the internal server by the public address, yes RV320 support it. Please check attached case.

Will this work on the RV325?

I have a RV320 , 

Currently unable to access the server internally using the external IP. But from outside the network you are able to access the server with the external IP. 

- I have 1:1 NAT setup using the external IP to the Internal Address of the server. )obviously this is working since I can access from outside the network but not inside.)

- I have tried port forwarding any/all ports and still unable to access internal server with external IP.

Hi Alex

I found a very easy work around for my RV325.

1. Configure the DNS Local Database with your host names and point them to your servers on your LAN. Use the private ip addresses. e.g. example.com -> 192.168.10.6
  2. Set the DHCP Static DNS 1: to the gateway ip. DNS 2: can be your ISP DNS or whatever external DNS you prefer. 

Now when your clients receive a new lease from the DHCP server they will look up the local DNS you have configured first and your domains will be resolved to the private ip and not the public ip. 

NB. Configure both variants of the your host names if they are in use. e.g..  www.example.com and example.com

I have multiple web servers on my local network, each with a unique domain name. I want any of the devices on the local network to access them by registered domain names and not by IP addresses. That's how NAT Loopback worked on earlier firmware versions but not on v1.4.2.15 (2017-08-14, 15:59:13)? Does the new firmware version support the scenario that I described? If so, please provide instructions on setting it up. The instructions to which I am responding don't make sense to me for my environment.

Hello,

I have the same issue with new firmware: no portforwarding working if I try to access a local server via public ip.

Any solution?

Marco

I downgraded to the previous firmware version and it started working again.

Hello,

what is your exact firmware installed? So I know that with that version it works :-)

Marco

v1.1.1.19 (2014-12-01, 12:38:04)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: