cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RDP not working over VPN connection

kent.chaney
Level 1
Level 1

We have two RVS4000 at both ends of a VPN tunnel. The tunnel is up and runs fine. I can ping the two servers at the main office end of the tunnel, and cconnect to the resources of both servers. However, one of the servers, the terminal server, is unreachable via RDP. The other server can be reached via RDP for administrative purposes just fine, but the terminal server cannot be reached. There is only one difference that I can think of. The terminal server is reachable from the outside world via a redirected forwarded port on the RVS4000 at the main office.

Has anyone else had this problem? The current firmware version is V2.0.0.3 at both ends. Is this a known anomaly for this revision of firmware?

Thanks,

Kent

1 Reply 1

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

kent,

Haven't heard of anyone else having this issue. Vpn tunnel isn't partial to anyone type of traffic. What i would do is run a packet capture on the port that your terminal server is running on and once you have about 4 minutes of traffic. Open up and follow the packets, this should prove or disprove that your terminal service traffic is crossing the tunnel. Most the time if tunnel is up and successful data transfer then its going to be another problem and not your tunnel configuration.

http://www.wireshark.org/

Of course the termail server will need to be plugged into a managed switch, with capabilities of port mirroring.

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Cisco Support Engineer

.:|:.:|:.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: