cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Register Security License For RV340

jmdomini
Level 1
Level 1

So purchased a RV340 Small Business router. Overall very satisfied with it, so decided to go ahead and purchase a license for the security features from Provantage. Being ignorant of how the process works; I assumed that I just needed to order the license and Provantage would send me a key that I would paste where it says "Paste Token Here" in the router.

I learned too late that I need a Smart Account. But rather than Provantage's vendor coming back to me and explaining what needed to be done, they just assigned the license to what I understand is a virtual holding account. I can see the license (attached screen shot) in "My Cisco Entitlements" but I can't assign it to my router (or do anything else with it for that matter).

I contacted Provantage who told me very pointedly it wasn't their problem and take it up with Cisco. I have a case open with Cisco, but as a non-enterprise user it seems like they don't have much interest in getting this resolved either.

Is there anything else I can do from my end that I might be missing?

P.S. It shouldn't be this hard to license a router sold at RETAIL Cisco! If you don't want to talk to end users then these devices should only be sold through Cisco partners!

1 Reply 1

Sujoy Paria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience you are facing. You may refer the following link to register the security license on RV340 Router…

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/1332-how-to-purchase-and-setup-web-filter-licensing-on-the-rv340.html