cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV 120W Port Fowarding and remote address

bruno.antunes
Level 1
Level 1

I have a RV120W; configured to perform port forwarding. I have Configured a Port Forwarding and Access Rule

* Sample Firewall: Access Rules:

Action        | Service | Status  | Connection Type                                | Source IP | Destination IP

Always Allow  | HTTP    | Enabled | Inbound (WAN (Internet) > LAN (Local Network)) | Any       | <not set>

Always Allow  | SSH     | Enabled | Inbound (WAN (Internet) > LAN (Local Network)) | Any       | <not set>

* Sample Firewall:Port Forwarding:

Action           | Service   | Status  | Source IP  | Destination IP      | Forward from Port | Forward to Port

Always Allow     | HTTP      | Enabled |     Any    | <destination ip>    | <not set>         | <not set>

Always Allow     | SSH       | Enabled |     Any    | <destination ip>    | <not set>         | <not set>

Everything works, but in my destination server, i see as remote address the IP for the RV120W. I want it to forward also the

originating IP address of the client (the remote address)

Is it possible to configure this?

I have also configured DMZ for my server, but see same behaviour

Firmware: 1.0.3.10

regards,

--

Bruno Antunes

3 Replies 3

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Good morning

Hi Bruno, thanks for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan and I am part of the Small business Support community. In order to resolve your problem, I have a couple of question for you:

Which services do you want to forward?

Is your ip address static or dynamic? If it is dynamic, are you using a domain?

Could you send us a screenshoot with your firewall configuration?

Could you access to your server in your LAN?

I found a document related to Port forwarding, where you can see how to configure it:

http://www6.nohold.net/CiscoSB/Loginr.aspx?login=1&pid=2&app=search&vw=1&articleid=2616

I hope you find this answer useful,

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Hi

> Which services do you want to forward?

Int this specific case, HTTP; HTTPS and SSH; but should be valid for any service/protocol

> Is your ip address static or dynamic? If it is dynamic, are you using a domain?

The destination address is static

> Could you send us a screenshoot with your firewall configuration?

> Could you access to your server in your LAN?

Yes. Internaly (from LAN) and externaly (from WAN)

best regards.

--

Bruno Antunes

Hi Bruno, I am following your question here

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2203010

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.