cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV-130W Block Internet Access by schedule

DAVID BREECE
Level 1
Level 1

I have set a range of addresses I want to block at certain times of the day. I made a schedule and added the range of IP addresses but the users don't get blocked. What am I doing wrong? 

3 Replies 3

cristgon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello David,

Thank you for using the Cisco Small Business forums. My name is Cristian, I am an eContent developer and I am part of the Small Business Support Community.I have found these articles in our knowledge base that might be of some assistance:

I hope you will find this answer useful, and I hope you reply back with any questions or concerns.

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it*

Regards,

Cristian Gonzalez

Cisco eContent Developer

You have referred me back to the manual. In my primary post I stated that I have made a schedule and Internet access policy. I applied that schedule to a range of IP addresses and checked "Block". It is as if I did nothing. The users can still access the Internet 

You might want to confirm that the users have an IP address within the range that you blocked. If you have DHCP enabled, each time the machines are connected to the network they will be assigned a new IP address that is available. If you are only concerned with a small amount of machines being denied internet access then you can give them all a static IP addresses. If you have a fairly large group of machines you don't want to have access I would recommend connecting them to a subnet where you can define the range of IPs given. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: