cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV 325 Firmware can't update or login

JamesMoore26765
Level 1
Level 1

I have an RV 325.  I tried to update the firmware to the latest version and after a partial update the router returned a message that the file was corrupt.  I tried a new download of the file (1.5.1.11) and got the same error.  I rebooted the RV 325 and I cannot login.

I tried tftp solution found at Solved: RV325 won't boot - Cisco Community but tftp returns connection refused.

Note:  When I power up the RV 325 holding down the reset button for 10+ seconds it appears to only do it's normal boot.

Any suggestions welcomed?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- Ok, also make sure that there are no firewalling-apps or restrictions (perhaps defaulted in place), preventing your computer to connect to the RV through tftp.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>but tftp returns connection refused.

What tftp service/server (model/software/platform) are you using ? Check if it is up and running to start with.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I enabled tftp service in windows 10 and ran it using command prompt as in the example link above

tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put RV32X_v1.2.1.13_20150504-code.bin

I also downloaded and installed tftpd64 and tried using that to no avail.

- Follow the advice from this link :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb4890-workaround-for-inaccessibility-of-gui-after-firmware-version.html

Especially the part about downloading and using the Tftpd32  client for the intended operation.

M.

Being on a 64 bit system I tried using Tftpd64 as opposed to 32.  And, yes, I used the Client as per those instructions.  It was after that where I used the windows 10 version.  I'll give the Tftpd64 Client a try again this afternoon but, I think my problem resides in the failure to be able to get the 'reset' physical button to work.

When I set my computer manually to an ip as per instructions in those links and I hook up to the router I can ping it at 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.2.1 but once I try to send it the update via tftp and the connection is refused the router will not respond to a ping.

- Ok, also make sure that there are no firewalling-apps or restrictions (perhaps defaulted in place), preventing your computer to connect to the RV through tftp.

M.

BINGO!  turning off the firewall did it.  upgraded firmware to the latest and the router is back in action.

Many Thanks for the help!

Using the paper clip to press and hold the reset button does not appear to initiate a reset.  No lights flash after holding it in.  I can feel the click of the button engage however.