cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV 325 slow speed on NAT (almost 100mbps from 1 Gbps)!!!!

vulcanescu35
Level 1
Level 1

I  have 2 internet connection, one  has 100mbps and other has 1000Mbps. My ISP has an internal speedtest  and with my laptop connected directly to the service provider I get 975 mbps with RV i get only 97Mbps, and i have try all the setup regarding this issue:

-MTU

-bandwith management set up to 

-n bandwidth management I've changed both up and downstream numbers to 1.000.000 Kbps

Unfortunately this does not help a bit. 

The port is connected at 1000 Mbps FD to my modem, my laptop is connected  @ 1gbps to the router and I'm running firmware v1.4.2.20 (2018-12-24, 15:53:34

i  have disabling SPI, DOS under firewall

My setup consist of 4 different vlans in different ranges, 

Unfortunately, I do not know what to do, ever since I bought it i confronted with this problem, I enjoyed being dual wan and being able to do subnetting / vlaning.

OTHER MAJOR ISSUE!

This Router has 16 port, @@@@@ CISCO, can you put a field with LABEL under Port Setup, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!!

is a necessary and banal setting in any equipment that has multiple ports, and this is not a cheap device, solve this please!

Regards

7 Replies 7

Talha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
Have you been able to find any resolution, as we are having exact same issue?

Regards,

Just for people who have this problem,

we figured it out that there is definitely a bug in RV32X router. It is mentioned by users in other forums.

So we had to remove all parameters from System management --> Bandwidth management  (here clean all parameter in Bandwidth management type section if any) and its giving full throttle now. you need to clear priority and rate control both.

Hello,

Thanks for posting to the Small Business Support Community. I have not found anything indicating a defect for this So, I've escalated. I'll let you know when I have an answer.

Thanks

Yes same problem here Gigabit connections and just over 100mb via wifi , lan speeds are fine

This is still an issue, even in latest 1.5.1.11 firmware version. RV325.

I have 500 / 100 internet service.

With any bandwidth management rules, either Rate Control -or- Priority, speedtest results are 44 / 41 for LAN client (even a rule that for all traffic to be 1 Gps max).

Delete all bandwidth management rules and speedtest results are 504 / 96 for same client, exact same speedtest servers and settings.

This has been ongoing issue for all firmware versions 1.1 to 1.5 current for the last 5 years on dozens of units we have managed. Really hoping this can be fixed.

pat
Level 1
Level 1

I am experiencing the same issue on RV325 with 1.5.1.11 firmware version.

We have 75 / 15 isp service.

Speedtest on ISP modem equals or exceeds that.

Speedtest on LAN side of router is 35 / 3.5

We have a few Bandwidth Priority rules to solve problems with our VOIP system.

I will try removing those and test speed, but that could cause VOIP issues to return.

Cisco please release a firmware fix

rvatalaro
Level 1
Level 1

I have this same problem.  I just got gigabit fiber.  I have been running my fiber ISP ragged trying to find out what the problem was with the slowdowns.  It never occurred to me that it could be the RV325.  I finally, in my own testing, narrowed it down to the RV325 as the probable cause.  (At slower speeds like DSL, this problem never presented.)  Anyway, I do NOT have any Bandwidth Management rules.  I had earlier noticed that a RELEASE-RENEW sequence "fixed" the problem temporarily.  I googled "rv325 throttles speed" and this thread showed up.  I discovered that all I need to do is go to the Bandwidth Management screen and click SAVE.  That fixes the problem temporarily, and it is much less disruptive than the RELEASE-RENEW sequence.  (I have another "border router" upstream of the RV325, before the ISP.  That has its own problems, but not with throughput.)

Now, even if Cisco fixes this in some firmware update and there are no regressions in the update (not likely), I read that Cisco is now encrypting the "saved configuration" file, which means I can no longer update it to tweak it in ways the GUI doesn't allow.  So I am on the last pre-encryption firmware that works for me, and I can go no further.  I have to replace the RV325 with something that works predictably well or suffer with Cisco's bugs.  Any recommendations for an inexpensive, dual-WAN, multi-port router out there?

<rant>

Is there no end to the weird bugs found in this hardware, this RV325?  (I remember a firmware update that stopped properly timestamping log entries.  I had to back out the update.  And Cisco, if it ever fixes anything, fixes it when it happens to get around to it.  If I seem bitter, it's because I am.  Cisco may be the big name in routing, but the last to get fixes is SOHO.  And, again, I ask: how can something as important as bandwidth not be properly debugged?  Why so many bugs in released S/W in the first place?  I remember one bug I read about that said, in some context, that non-255.255.255.0 masks were not handled correctly.  That's like one of the most important things on a router!  How can the S/W be released with that broken???)  And releasing updates that have not been properly regression-tested (e.g., broken timestamping) -- what are they doing at Cisco?

</rant>

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: