Views
Helpful
Replies

RV 325

marco.lo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I bought two RV325 to host our guest wifi with wifi password protected. I want to know how can I set up a splash page or landing page with RV325.

thank you

Marco 

6 Replies 6

boayers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Marco,

My name is Patrick with Cisco eSupport. It seems the feature you are looking for is Captive Portal. You can set this feature up to show a custom webpage used for authentication to a guest network. Generally this feature is found only on wireless access points (WAP) or on wireless enabled routers such as the RV130W. Let me know the other devices present in your topology and I can help guide you on which ones need configuration in order for this to work.

Best,

-Patrick Ayers

Hi Patrick 

thank you for your quick response. From RV325 and it goes to WLAN controller (Cisco Air-WLC2106) and then go to a dell switcher Dell Powerconnect 2724 at last, connect to about 6 to 7 Access point Air LAP 1142N.

thank you

Marco

It seems that the authentication page is either configured in the WLAN controller or the individual access points. Because I am only familiar with products from our small business division, I suggest you contact technical assistance by phone. The US number is 1-800-553-2447

Upon a more detailed inspection, I am fairly certain that the web-based authentication can be setup entirely from the 2106 WLAN controller. Have a look at the below link and let me know if it is helpful to you.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wlan-security/71881-ext-web-auth-wlc.html

Best,

-Patrick Ayers

Thanks

Let me try that. 

Hi Patrick

On the other hand. Is it possible to set the router to release and renew the DHCP every hour (or two hours) and have people to reconnect(enter the password again)? 

thank you

Marco