cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV 345 Security Update DOS

allangschrum
Level 1
Level 1

With the new update to 1.0.03.26 my RV345 will lock up and drop all LAN connections after about three to five days of operation. If I unplug all LAN/WAN connections about half the time it will recover and I can simply plug everything back in. The other half of the time I must reboot the unit, wait for it to completely come up (meaning I cannot plug in the LAN/WAN connections while it is booting or it locks up again), then re-plug the connections. This got so bad that I've reverted back to 1.0.03.24 which has been operating flawlessly.

My setup is simply: two active WAN ports, and about 10 LAN connections to various computers, TVs, and a mesh WiFi.

When the lockup occurs all LAN ports essentially stop working. The lights next to the ports are on but all clients indicate they are disconnected from the switch.

My concern is getting the existing CVEs that were fixed but not at the expense making the router useless with its self-induced DOS attack.

1 Reply 1

Might be  a bug in .26 release. Just stay away from it and wait for next release.

It is not good idea be always up to data. It is wise keep stable versions running