Views
Helpful
Replies

RV 345 static ARP

hannes085
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

is it possible to make an static ARP entry in the small Business products? Entering the IP and MAC in the "Static DHCP" section doesn't seem to make an persisting static arp entry.

Thanks for your help

8 Replies 8

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what is the IOS version running.

i can not remember exactly under what menu it is because i have worked on different models in the past

Look at under DHCP config, IP & MAC Binding ( depends on your version). or Under LAN Static DHCP 

I believe there is a limitation around 30 i guess.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Entering the IP and MAC in the "Static DHCP" menu works for getting the Client the same IP-Adress whenever he connects but does't seem to make a persistant static ARP-entry which is also in the ARP-table when the Client is off.

what is the version of IOS running.

do you have reserved pool address for the DHCP for Static IP range ?

BB

Cisco Small Business products do not run IOS. FW Version is 1.0.01.18.

Do you mean "IP Address Group" when you say "pool address"? No I don't have IP Address Group since It's only for web filtering.

And a function called "pool address" isn't available on the RV345.

Oh, my bad..yes its FW OS i mean to ask.

but does't seem to make a persistant static ARP-entry which is also in the ARP-table when the Client is off.

can you explain more on this ? how is user getting IP from? 

BB

When the Client is switched on he get's the desired IP (static DHCP) from the DHCP-Server. When I have a look in the ARP table of the router I can see the IP and the MAC Address of this Client in a "Dynamic" entry,

When the client is shut down this ARP-table entry is gone after a few seconds. So there is defenitely NO static ARP entry for static DHCP Clients.

In networking that is normal behavior. 

BB

Yes, and because thats normal I want to make an static ARP entry for that Client which stays in the Routers ARP-table after the Client is shut down. My Question was how to do that on a RV345.