Views
Helpful
Replies

RV routers CLI

ramez.dous
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Do RV routers, for example, the RV325 supports CLI through the console port and/or SSH?

I'm thinking of using an RV325 router in a small network. Please check the picture below. What do you think of using an RV router for such network?

RV325.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thank you!

I'm asking about the CLI because I'm more familiar with it than the GUI.

Do these routers come with some sort of "port forwarding"? I want to make sure there is a way for me to connect a server to the integrated switch, not the WAN/DMZ port, and access it from inside and outside of the local network.

--------------------------

Edit:

I just found this video tutorial Configure Port Forwarding/Port Triggering/NAT on RV34x Series Routers.

I guess this answer my question.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Most of the configuration can be done over GUI, you still like to have access to cli

follow the admin guide

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/rv320/CLI_guide/rv32x_cli_guide.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you!

Are the commands in this pdf are the only supported commands? There are no "switchport ...." commands in the pdf.

One more question please, will this router allow me to connect the two WAN links to 2 DSL modems for redundancy and load balancing, and connect a server to one of the integrated switch ports. The server should be connected from inside and outside of the local network.

RV325.png

these are SMB switches, most of the configuraiton can be done using GUI, so user not required to go in to command level.

Regarding your question, this model is dual WAN connection you can connect 2 WAN Links

here is guide for reference :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb4242-dual-wan-configuration-on-rv320-and-rv325-vpn-router-series.html

BB

Thank you!

I'm asking about the CLI because I'm more familiar with it than the GUI.

Do these routers come with some sort of "port forwarding"? I want to make sure there is a way for me to connect a server to the integrated switch, not the WAN/DMZ port, and access it from inside and outside of the local network.

--------------------------

Edit:

I just found this video tutorial Configure Port Forwarding/Port Triggering/NAT on RV34x Series Routers.

I guess this answer my question.

RV support port-forwarding, worth looking product documentation also :

here is port-forwarding example :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb4159-port-forwarding-and-port-triggering-on-rv320-and-rv325-vpn-r.html

BB

Same one i have other document,

hope it was usefull, can we mark as resolve here.

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: