cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV016 forwarding from both WANS

tonyp
Level 1
Level 1

I've got port forwarding setup on an RV016, but it is only working from WAN2.  Any incoming traffic on WAN1 doesn't get forwarded.  I got the impression that forwarding rules apply to both WAN ports?  Multiple subnets are enabled, with WAN2 being allocated a subnet that (ironically) the forwarding isn't going into.  I've also tried UPnP (for port redirection, with UPnP disabled), but no joy.  Anyone got any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Tony,

Swap the connections on WAN 1 and 2 and see if the problem follows the ISP or the WAN ports. If it follows the ISP you will need to contact them for assistance. If it is the router I would recommend that you contact support and have an engineer take a look at your settings.

www.cisco.com/go/sbsc

- Marty

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Tony,

Swap the connections on WAN 1 and 2 and see if the problem follows the ISP or the WAN ports. If it follows the ISP you will need to contact them for assistance. If it is the router I would recommend that you contact support and have an engineer take a look at your settings.

www.cisco.com/go/sbsc

- Marty

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

If you have multiple subnets enabled and your forwarding to address is outside of the subnet for WAN2, that may be the problem right there since there's no gateway that the incoming packet to WAN2 can use.

I've used a setup like this before with multiple forwards from differnent WANs to a single server, but everything was on the same subnet.    

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Good thought, but the forwarding is working even if it is on a different subnet.  It turns out that incoming connections were being blocked by the upstream router for WAN1.  Thanks for your help folks!

Tony,

Thanks for the update, I'm happy you were able to get this resolved.

If you have no other questions or issues, please mark this thread as answered to make it easier for people to find the correct solution in the future.

- Marty

Very cool!  Thank you for sharing!  Glad you got everything working.