Views
Helpful
Replies

RV016 more DMZ Port

Vincent Kocher
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

i shoul have more then one DMZ Port on my RV016.

Would it be possible to define spez VLAN with 4 Ports and Connect the DMZ Port with a 50cm Patchcord to on of the 4 Ports and so to have on the other 3 Ports the DMZ too?

and the DMZ Zone should be IPv6 from a Hurrican Electirc IPv6 range how to config this?

have a nice day

vincent

Testserver for Software and IPv6 --> www.kozo.ch
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Vincent, DMZ and VLAN are 2 different things and this device has 1 DMZ port and will remain as such.

If you need additional ports try connecting an inexpensive unmanaged switch or hub to the DMZ port then connect whatever you have to that device.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Vincent, thanks for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan and I am part of the Small business Support community. I apologize for the issues you are having and sorry to inform you that your device just have one DMZ port, however you could be interested in the new ISA500 series specially the ISA570, this one have 1 Wan port,  4 Lan port and 5 configurable ports (Lan, Wan or Dmz), it also supports Ipv6 faetures, about your Ipv6 question could you be a little more specific?

I hope you find this answer useful,

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Hello

sorry for the delay for feedback and thanks for your feedback.

As i know a VLAN is a closed Area. So why it is not possible, i know it is not the nice way, to config port 11 - 15 as VLAN DMZ. And with a patchcord you patch the DMZ port to the DMZ VLAN on Port 11-15.

Would this basicly work?

have a nice day

vincent

hello

was still wondering if it would work out.

imagine port 7,8,9,10 are VLAN 3

with a patchcord i connect the DMZ Port to Port 7

as i would belive port 8,9 and 10 shoul also be DMZ ports

or is there something wrong?

have a nice day

vincent

Hi Vincent, DMZ and VLAN are 2 different things and this device has 1 DMZ port and will remain as such.

If you need additional ports try connecting an inexpensive unmanaged switch or hub to the DMZ port then connect whatever you have to that device.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Thanks for that feedback,

not the answer i hoped - but at least now i know it.

have a nice day

vinc

Your idea, if it would work, wouldn't work much differently than hanging off a switch from the DMZ port.  And this would be far simpler.    

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com