cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV016 VPN Pass Through

dougmcdowell
Level 1
Level 1

I have a RV016 and I'm trying to access a VPN server through it without success. The server is attached to the LAN side of the RV016. I set up Forwarding for L2TP (UDP/1701) and IPSec (UDP/500). The router firewall is off. I have other ports forwarding with no problem, SMTP, POP, IMAP, HTTP. I even tried adding forwarding for All Traffic (TCP&UDP) but still can't get to the server. Am I running into some kind of conflict with the VPN built into the RV016? Are there any reasons why this won't work?

Thanks

Doug

3 Replies 3

stanford007
Level 1
Level 1

Open port 47 which is GRE.  This is required for Authentication.

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

Forward TCP port 1723 to the PPTP VPN server in the LAN of RV016.

mdavidson58
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same problems.  I have enabled pass through for PPTP.  I have done the port forward and also opened a firewall rule for 1723.  I can see in the log that the connection was allowed and continued.  In the windows log I see that GRE 47 is not being allowed (which is what I THOUGHT that allow PPTP passthrough would actually do) but it connects successfully via 1723 and then can't allow GRE to encapsulate.  This is now the SECOND issue I have had with VPN's not working either terminatin ON the RV016 or now via pass through.  I am getting very frustrated with this device.  I am running 3.0.2.01-tm of the firmware.  I have already reimaged several times as well as zeroed out the config  and restarted.  So far NOTHING is working.