cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 access rules

Les Gray
Level 1
Level 1

I have a port forward for a port (say 3299). I also have a Wan access rule that allows all traffic from several IP ranges to have access to the lan.  Other wan access is denied by the built-in firewall rule.  However, I can still access the port forward in spite of this.  DO I need to do a rule specifically for the port allowing access from the IP range and blocking for all else.  I thought the Built-in Wan rule deny, any, any, always would handle that...

Thoughts?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ryan Hendriks
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I thought the same thing as you before but I had the same issue with my FTP rules.

Because you have made a forwarding rule, you have to create also first some allows from the IP's you want to access this forwarding and afterwards you have to make a deny rule for this forwarding service which denies all the following attempts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ryan Hendriks
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I thought the same thing as you before but I had the same issue with my FTP rules.

Because you have made a forwarding rule, you have to create also first some allows from the IP's you want to access this forwarding and afterwards you have to make a deny rule for this forwarding service which denies all the following attempts.

Yup, as I guessed.  SO I setup the rules and no more access from where I don't want.  Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: