cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 cant access Outlook email in Load balancing

Computerrehab
Level 1
Level 1

Setup RV042 in load balance mode with two DSL connections.  Configured each connection with its own seperate static ip. 

When Outlook 2010 is opened it comes up with an error " Your system does not support the encryption type you specified".  Also cannot access google.com from IE11 all other websites work ok.  Now here is the kicker Chrome works okay when accessing google.

Works properly when one of the DSL connections is unplugged.

I checked the support pages for this router and cant find a solution.

1 Reply 1

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, 

I'm sorry you are having issues with your device.

I think that we can try something called "Protocol Binding" which will make sure that the devices use a single internet connection when trying to connect to secure sites.

Here is a link that shows how to configure Load Balance and several other features: http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=d297d2890f084031a5e906f24727104c_Set_Up_Dual_WAN_Connections_.xml&pid=2&respid=0&snid=4&dispid=0&cpage=search

Go to the part called "Managed Protocol Binding" and create two rules to bind ports 443 and 8443 to the WAN that you would like to use to connect to secure sites.

On the protocol binding page, for the source IP, use the range you have in your LAN, for example, you can use, 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254, as for the destination you ill need to use 0.0.0.0 for start and finish. When you use 0.0.0.0 you are indicating anywhere on the internet.

I hope this helps.