Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 connection limit

I recently buy RV042 router because i want to set a back-up connection to my LAN.

The router is not installed yet. I was reading on a forum abot this model cause support just 72 maximum connection (session). Is it true?

My LAN has 20 computer client and a webserver with 800-900 visits per day.

Can this router handle this LAN because 72 connection is much to low even for a small business router.

Thank you very much, sorry for my bad english!

8 Replies 8

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

Hey I was looking for the documentation on this and couldn't find the 72 connection limit.  Could you please attach the link to the forum that had that documentation.  I know typically for a small business, the router will support up to 100 users.  Anything above that you might need to look at a enterprise class router.  But if you could upload that link, I would like to look at it.  Thank You.

Hy,

There is the link :

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/lanwan/lanwan-reviews/30186-linksys-rv042-review-solid-dual-wan-vpn-performer?start=4

There is a large article there about this product and page 5 is a comparation between Netgear FVS124G, RV042 and Lynksys RSV4000.

Thank you !

Also, i think the article is about TCP Connection limitation. For example one computer client can browse the internet, use 2 IM client, send email and for that are using 7-8 TCP connection. 10 computer using that service at once cover the 72 connection limitation that i read on the article.

I also find an post on Tom's Hardware, but is posted by user, there is no answers and has no relevance.

Thank you very much !

Here is the post from Tom's Hardware but as i said so, there is no relevance because

is posted by a simple user.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/27940-17-linksys-rv042-dropping-connections

Re: RV042 connection limit

Yeah, I am not sure about the connections limit.  The users and the connections limit will be two different things.  I know that the RV042 is one of our most stabile routers we have.  With the dual wan and the vpn stability if offers, I don't see why it wouldn't be able to handle what your wanting to use it for.  I would set it up and give it a go and keep us posted as to what you see.

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

RV042 can support up to 12,000 concurrent TCP connections.

Thank You Tek

Thank you for the answers.

In prezent i use a Linksys WRT54GL with Tomato firmware.

Thursday i will install the RV042 router on site. Hope everything go well.