cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 different internal port on a port forward?

islandjharris
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like to setup a few port forwards for SNMP monitoring, but some of my devices can't be changed from the default port 161. Is is possible to setup a port forward for, say, port 171 that goes to an internal port of 161?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Justin,

Not on the RV042, it only can port forward say,  port 161 and not alter that destination port number.

But if you need Duel WAN ports with that functionality, why not try it's bigger brother, the SA500 series.

If you don't need duel WAN port and need only a single WAN port with that functionality have a look at the RV120W or the older RVS4000.

I have included some screen shots below show the needed functionality on firstly a SA500 and then on a RV120W

I would need to define the service, which i haven't done in the examples below.

But I can port forward UDP or TCP ports whatever , say 171 to a LAN IP host and translate the port to 161.

Screen capture on SA500

screen capture taken from a RV120W

Sorry Justin,  may not be the answer you want to hear.

regards Dave

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Port Forwarding can be enabled for RV042 router. For more information on Port Forwarding refer the document Setting Port Range Forwarding for RV042.

Thanks, but this does not answer my question. I'm trying to forward to a different internal port. For instance forward the external port 171 to the internal port 161 on a given host.

Hi Justin,

Not on the RV042, it only can port forward say,  port 161 and not alter that destination port number.

But if you need Duel WAN ports with that functionality, why not try it's bigger brother, the SA500 series.

If you don't need duel WAN port and need only a single WAN port with that functionality have a look at the RV120W or the older RVS4000.

I have included some screen shots below show the needed functionality on firstly a SA500 and then on a RV120W

I would need to define the service, which i haven't done in the examples below.

But I can port forward UDP or TCP ports whatever , say 171 to a LAN IP host and translate the port to 161.

Screen capture on SA500

screen capture taken from a RV120W

Sorry Justin,  may not be the answer you want to hear.

regards Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks so much for your detailed reply (and the screenshots)! Much appreciated, and I will look at both of these for future implementations.

Until then, I can only keep my fingers crossed that this functionality will come in a future firmware update for the RV042.

Thanks again,

Justin

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

The question has been answered in this thread.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3102252#3102252

As mentioned, you can perform the port translation by using the UPnP feature under setup instead of Forwarding

Thanks!

Dave

David L. Barrett, Jr.

This is excellent, thank you tekliu! I would not have found this (or thought to look under uPnP).

Please be reminded that UPnP does not need to be enabled to use the (asymmetric) forwarding table in the UPnP page.