Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 fails to obtain WAN IP Address, infinite lease time

I just got a new RV042. V3 Hw.

For setup and testing before putting it in action, I've attached the WAN1 side to my internal network.

But it fails to get an IP address, and the log shows: "Infinite lease time, exiting".

My current router on the LAN is giving out DHCP addresses with 3 hour lease time, and I've checked with the PC's on the LAN that this is correct.

The routers DHCP status shows that the lease time for the RV042 is 3 hours ahead.

So why does the RV042 complain about long lease time ?

Is there a way to avoid this error from occurring?

I have tried to change from 'Gateway' to 'Router', but this does not change anything.

Also tried a factory reset, with no luck.

Fw is upgraded to the latest 4.0.4.02

2 Replies 2

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Johnny,

Have you tried putting the WAN1 into static mode for testing. See if this will work and pass traffic.

I haven't seen this issue so it could be something with that code 4.0.4.02 can you try downgrading to 4.0.3.x for testing and see if still have the same results

You can always give us a call @ 1-866-606-1866 and open a support ticket on this issue so we can document along with your testing.

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Cisco Support Engineer

.:|:.:|:.

Hi.

Problem solved- I guess.

I did some further testing, and my old router seems most frequently to give out a DHCP expiration time far in the future (2027), guess this confused the RV042. Funny enough, this only happened towards the RV042, not the PC's on the LAN.

I have now, as was the original idea, replaced the old router with the RV042 connected to my cable modem, which requires DHCP on the WAN side, and everything works fine.

(and setting a static WAN1 IP worked fine when the RV042 was on the internal network).

Best regard

Johnny