Helpful
Replies

RV042 firmware recovery problem

P.Burdalski
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have  a problem with RV042 v3.

I've tried to upgrade firmware, because VPN hasn't worked properly. I have lost connection during file sending and I cannot continue. I haven't access to web configuration pages, but it routes normally.

So, I decided to reset it (hold reset button for 30 seconds). After restart I can ping it (192.168.1.1), diag led is blinking  slowly. I've tried to repair firmware using RV0XX-v4.0.0.07-tm-20100819-code.exe. I've got message TFTP FAIL!.

Can you please advise what should I do?

Regards

Pawel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Pawel,

Do a packet Capture. Also note you may need to open up the clients firewall to allow the TFTP connection.

Cisco Small Business Support Center

Randy Manthey

CCNA, CCNA - Security

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

The Windows PC running the TFTP utility must have static IP in the subnet of 192.168.1.x.

I have static IP (192.168.1.5)

When I try to rescue firware and I start upgrade there is information:

Waiting for upgrade ā€¦.

After 15-20 second Load firmware ā€¦

After ~10 seconds Message : TFTP Fail!

In that case, the TFTP utility should be able to push the firmware to the router while the amber LED is blinking.

LED is blinking. Very slowly (~5second lights up and ~5 second down)

Is it possible to diagnose this TFTP pushing?

Pawel,

Do a packet Capture. Also note you may need to open up the clients firewall to allow the TFTP connection.

Cisco Small Business Support Center

Randy Manthey

CCNA, CCNA - Security

hi.

i have the same Problem.

Ping on 192.168.1.1 is already working, but the TFTP Tool aboutet with Message "TFTP fail."

No Telnet Connection.

Please help!!

Ola estou com o mesmo problema, tenho um RV042G Porem ao tentar atualizar deu este erro de diag, porem a lus DMZ MODE so fica acessar, mesmo rotando o programa para recuperar o diag a luz nao apaga e nao pega IP

Randy,

Thank you for hint with firewall. I was sure that firewall was configured properly. But I tried to use another computer with firewall disabled and I was able to rescue firewall.

I expected that I miss something easy - thanks again

Pawel

While using the RV0xx firmware recovery utility, users need to ensure that

1.    Diag LED is blinking
    Give the PC running the utility a static IP address in the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet, e.g. 192.168.1.100
    There is a correct response when pinging 192.168.1.1.
    Temporarily disable Windows firewall

Temporarily disable anti-virus software

We have similar issue.
We have 3 RV042 Routers and when we upgraded the 3rd device to last firmware (4.2.3.09) it fail.
We have two devices upgraded good.

We try to recover by TFTP Tool, by Firmware Rescue Utility we have similar issue.
The issue is that after about 15 seconds the tool says that there is an error in the recovery or upgrade.

Any Ideas?

Regards

How to solve this

we are using cisco router RV042 default ip only ping not showing login page ..
how to solve.please help.

We contacted Cisco. A failure.
Cisco releases a new firmware but does not support this if the device has no warranty.
We will not recommend Cisco again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: