cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 firmware update -> broken login screen

mps123123
Level 1
Level 1

I have a brand new RV042. As per good practice, I downloaded and installed the latest firmware from Cisco (RV0XX_v4.2.3.10_20191004-code.bin). Router restarts, I go to log in.

Except the login button no longer works. If I use the debugger in Firefox, I see the message

"ReferenceError: sha256 is not defined"

Unit still routes but I can't login.

Holding the reset button for 30 seconds doesn't help.

Do I have to return the unit and not update it?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Have a try with another browser.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mps123123
Level 1
Level 1

Looking at the html source for the login screen, it needs a function called sha256 but there isn't one so the login fails.

I can't believe nobody else has seen this.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Have a try with another browser.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Un-fuggin-believable.

Chrome 80.0.3987.132 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Win 10 - works

Firefox 72.0.2 (64-bit) on Win 10- works with some formatting oddness

Firefox (version not to hand but current) on Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon - not working.

I thought we left browser incompatibility behind about a decade ago - well done Cisco.

Marce1000 - many thanks for the tip.

Matt

- I do acknowledge your concern, though in this case I think the problem is probably related to a mozilla-bug on the particular linux platform. And or the compile-process of involved share-libs (for instance).

M.

I've been using Firefox on Ubuntu Linux as my personal daily driver for years and I can't remember the last time I saw a browser incompatibility problem - they are so rare now that I didn't even think to try a different browser. Still, workaround identified.

Thanks again