Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 Login Problem

GeorgM
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

a new customer of ours still has an RV042 running in their network.

The problem I am facing is kind of weird, when I try to login via the web dashboard and put in the correct login data nothing happens, no errors but also no login. When I try putting in wrong login data, I get the "wrong username/password" error.

I looked this problem up online and only saw similar issues never this exact one.

I've tried logging in with IE and Firefox, I've tried restarting the router too, that didn't help either.

A factory reset isn't really a prefered solution since they don't have the config saved.

Best regards and thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Sujoy Paria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Georg,

You may try once by clearing the browser cache, disable any third-party antivirus and firewall installed in that system; if possible, please try once from a different PC/Laptop.

Hi Sujoy,
I've also tried that already, multiple different PCs and multiple different OSs and I've always gotten the same issue.
Only port opened is 443 which doesn't let me try to login with Telnet/SSH and I've noticed the device doesn't have a serial port, which limits my login attempts only to the web dashboard.

If you have any other suggestions feel free to share them.

Best regards.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. You may open a service request us following the below mentioned link, someone from our support team will investigate further on that based on the entitlement…

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: