cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 Networking WISP

jimspain0005
Level 1
Level 1

I'm use this router as a main router as my WISP connections. ISP assigned static. RV042 is in Gateway Mode. I have a static from the ISP with DNS's

Everything is working. I request from some clients that want to connect DVR's and IP Camera's.

DVR's and Camera's are the most requested from clients that want to view the device's from the outside world.  Is there documentions?  Would someone be interrested in advising me.  I need to master the tasks.  Here's example.

1 Reply 1

MtnSledder
Level 1
Level 1

It does not appear your sample image came across.

From my experience, connecting cameras and DVR's behind your router and giving access to them from the WAN varies depending upon the camera and DVR.

For some, I set the DVR to an odd, unused port, and setup a rule through the firewall. When access is requested on that port, it is routed to the DVR or Camera of interest.   Be sure and include ALL ports used by the camera/DVR. Many times they accept UDP initially, then switch to TCP on other ports.

Other DVR's and Cameras do not provide flexibility on re-assigning their communications ports. The only luck I've had with these is to put them on the DMZ.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: