cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 not working in LAN

amir4u00
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i have running network of 25 computers, all connected with a 32 port switch. Now for 2-3 web-server i have purchased cisco RV042. All configuration was ok till the time webserver was connected directly to LAN ports of RV042 router but after connecting all computers and RV042 to the main switch no Internet on webserver. Can you please help 

11 Replies 11

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hello,
This webserver has the same range network of computers? There is a NAT configuration in your router allowing these networks?

Does your rv042 have vlan configured on his ports?
Does your webservers has default-gateway, mask, dns configured properly?

If possible, share current configuration with us;

Regards,
Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to show us your Old and new Setup

i mean where did you introuduced this new RV in the network ?

required more information to asists better.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

my current network is like ISP link termination on RJ45 and its in switch. After that we are running pfsense which is on static IP 180.155.86.93 and Lan ip 192.168.1.5, for 25 computers. For same computers we want to use RV042 for 5-7 computers and rest will be on pfsense.

For configuration i connected RV042 to same switch WAN1, and wan IP of same range 180.155.86.91 and LAN IP 192.168.1.1 was configured and laptop was directly connected to lan port of RV042. internet working fine on laptop while its connected directly. But when i am connecting my LAN1 port directly to switch. interet via RAV042 not working i am able to ping 192.168.1.1 but not able to ping google.com or any external IP. 

So your setup look like below :

you are terminating both WAN and LAN in to same switch ?

So WAN and Lan are different VLAN Access port ?

how does your Switch config ? ( what switch model and can you post switch config ?)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

you are terminating both WAN and LAN in to same switch ? yes
So WAN and Lan are different VLAN Access port ? Sorry no idea about VLAN
how does your Switch config ? NON managed

@amir4u00 hello,

For configuration i connected RV042 to same switch WAN1, and wan IP of same range 180.155.86.91 and LAN IP 192.168.1.1 was configured and laptop was directly connected to lan port of RV042. internet working fine on laptop while its connected directly. But when i am connecting my LAN1 port directly to switch. interet via RAV042 not working i am able to ping 192.168.1.1 but not able to ping google.com or any external IP. 

But when i am connecting my LAN1 port directly to switch: This switch is the same that you connect the pfsense? "LAN IP 192.168.1.1"

If yes, it wont working, because you will have two gateways on the same subnet.

Jaderson Pessoa

But LAN ip for pfsense is 192.168.1.5, and for RV042 192.168.1.1, they cant work together?

No, they cant working together, because both are router. If you input the gateway of your RV042 in your webserver, they cant establish connection with pfsense.

I really suggest you to change this model, in the future maybe you will have a lot of problem.
Jaderson Pessoa

my current network is like ISP link termination on RJ45 and its in switch. After that we are running pfsense which is on static IP 180.155.86.93 and Lan ip 192.168.1.5, for 25 computers. For same computers we want to use RV042 for 5-7 computers and rest will be on pfsense.

We really need a diagram in order to figure out what it is you're describing.

If you want to plug the WAN port on the RV042 router into the switch hung off pfsense you can't plug the LAN port of the RV042 into at the same time.  It breaks DHCP.  You need a separate switch for the RV042 router so you can run double NAT. The RV042 router needs to use a different network than what pfsense uses for this to work.  This is the best I can do without a network diagram.