cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 Protectlink Gateway Major Issues

operations77380
Level 1
Level 1

So to start I have the latest firmware on the device. 1.3.12.19.  When we have the URL Filtering and or the web reputation enabled it brings the internet down to a crawl.  We have scanned all system for viruses/malware and all 6 pc's are clean.  We are peer to peer and no servers. I've done speedtest with the service disabled and the speedtest are normal but when I enabled either url filtering or web reputation or both it kills the internet.

The logs are saying the url cache is full.

Warning! ProtectLink URL queue is almost full (80%) now. URL blocking might occur3

ProtectLink URL queue is empty now.

We will see those over and over again.  When we trialed this service it did not behave this way but as soon as we activated a full licenses it's started.  I've created a ticket and both Trend and Cisco have little experience with their own product is what I'm gathering or the two techs I've worked with are not up to speed which may be the case.

We could really use some help on this since we are running a business have paid for this service.

Thanks in advance for helping with our issue.

1 Reply 1

davbarre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Christi,

Can you please gather me a copy of your logs and your RV's config?

Thanks!

Dave

David L. Barrett, Jr.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: