Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042, protocol binding problem

germaurice
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I have some problem with my RV042 router and my internet connections. (               Firmware version :                     1.3.12.19-tm  (Feb 13 2009 13:03:21) )

The rv042 is connected to one ADSL (WAN2) connection and one SDSL (WAN1) connection. We have dynamic ip address on ADSL and static ip address on SDSL.

For a specific utilization we have to use SDSL because we need an IP to be authorized to connect to a monitoring tool.

To summarize, all the HTTP traffic will go through WAN2 (ADSL for better download rate), and for specific needs some HTTP traffic have to go through WAN1).

You can see on the attached picture, you can see two rules :

The rule A is the one i would like to make it working.

The rule B handles all the HTTP traffic.

If i deactivate B, rule A works and when B is activated again, A doesn't work anymore.

I think the more general rule B matched the packets before they could be matched by rule A. It's not the right behavior i think, as firewalls will do.

Best regards,

Germain

8 Replies 8

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Germain,

Thank you for posting. Based on your screenshot it appears that the LAN IP 10.0.0.63 is included in Rule B. This will cause problems because the router has two different rules for the same LAN IP address. Try creating two "B" rules:

1. HTTP [TCP/80~80- > 10.0.0.0~62(0.0.0.0~0.0.0.0)/WAN2
  2. HTTP [TCP/80~80- > 10.0.0.64~255(0.0.0.0~0.0.0.0)/WAN2

This way you will not include 10.0.0.63 in rule B and rule A will apply.

Please let us know if this helps you.

Thanks for your answer. The source IP 10.0.0.63 only was for test.

Actually, I would like for the whole network (10.0.0.0) make the connections to everywhere sent through my ADSL connection (WAN2) and for some specific destination IPs, connections will be sent through SDSL (WAN1), so the simplest way i think to do that is :

1. HTTP [TCP/80~80- > 10.0.0.0~0(1.2.3.4~1.2.3.4)/WAN1
  2. HTTP [TCP/80~80- > 10.0.0.0~0(0.0.0.0~0.0.0.0)/WAN2

Could you confirm this configuration will work ?

Thanks.

Hi Germain,

Sorry about the late reply, I was on vacation. My guess is that you will still have the problem of conflicting rules if you configure the router as you have shown, since 1.2.3.4 is included in 0.0.0.0. Have you configured it this way? If so, what were the results?

Hi mpyhala,

In this configuration :

1. HTTP [TCP/80~80] > 10.0.0.0~0(1.2.3.4~1.2.3.4)/WAN1
  2. HTTP [TCP/80~80] > 10.0.0.0~0(0.0.0.0~0.0.0.0)/WAN2

The router accepts the configuration and if i apply this, when i request in my web browser http://1.2.3.4 the packets will be sent through WAN2 interface.

Can you give me the way of protocol binding rule matching ?

Thank you

Hello,

Any new information about my problem ?

Thank you

UP

Hello,

we have the same problem for binding all our HTTP traffic trough WAN2.

Our technical conditions go together with yours:

WAN2 Dynamic ADSL For all HTTP traffic

WAN1 Static SDSL For all other services

We have tried some UPnP and forwarding constelations, but none of this

configuration tests/profiles will work correctly..

We want to benefit some of your answers, but they don't work.

Can any one of you demonstrate how to bind the complete HTTP traffic to

the WAN2 interface?

We would very appreciate for your suggestet solution.

tobi t.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Under protocol binding rules you'll need to set up a rule to bind all traffic out wan2 or any wan  you specify.

So lets say local LAN is 192.168.1.x so i would say in my protocol binding rule.

source address 192.168.1.1- 254 destination address 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 (WAN2)  This will force your local LAN traffic out WAN2 to any address.

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: