cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042: Restart Router button doesn't

jwells113
Level 1
Level 1

I just installed a new RV042 v3 and updated the f/w to 4.0.3.03tm. While trying to sort out logging issues, I've tried a few times to restart the router via System Mgmt -> Restart -> Restart Router. When I do this I get the expected results -- I'm prompted to wait, and then to login again. But the System Up Time isn't reset to zero, and the log shows no sign of the router restarting.

Why doesn't this work? Is there some other way to remotely force a restart?

Thanks!

7 Replies 7

tutzschke
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem with RV082. After update to v. 4.0.3.03th the router does not restart

Antother problem is that new access rules or contet filter are not active after saving.

Just after a hard restart by disconneting from power the new rules are active.

Can someone confirm this?

Hello,

we can not replicate, please see lab attached to this post -best viwed with firefox -  what we saw in our test is that we need to wait for about 30''

Thank you

F Scharz

Thanks. However the issue is quite reproducible for me. I click on  the Restart Router button, and after a short wait I get the prompt to:

Please wait, system is now rebooting...
     If the page does not automatically refresh over 1 minute,
     please press the Login link.

and  after a minute I'm taken back to the login page. But the router never  reboots. Not only does the uptime never reset, but I'm accessing the  router and a server remotely via a PPTP passthrough connection through  the router, and the PPTP link never drops and the VNC session to the  server never closes.

So something is happening differently with my router -- how do you suggest finding out what this is?

Thanks.

Greetings Mr. Wells/Team - we can not replicate here with the conditions you mention, please find recordings

for the issue with PPTP please refer to this link  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/193841 please note that pptp options have an idle time before hanging set to never by default and for the VNC TCP Timeout please refer to this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/170359

it would be great to see your configuration if you can open a ticket on the support center and share with us your configuration and see if we have something different?

Thanking you

Victor

Thanks, I will open a ticket.

Update: The reason I want to restart the router is because I'm also seeing a problem similar to

Ronny Tutzschke: changes to Access Rules (especially re: logging) aren't taking effect effect when they're made. But I just compared when I've tried to restart the router (from Firefox History) to when the logging changes have taken effect (from syslog logs), and it seems the Restart Router button does seem to force the Access Rules changes to take effect, even if it doesn't fully restart the router...

Does anyone be able to find the solution for this issue?  I am facing the same isssue with the firmware v4.0.4.02-tm.