cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 / RV082 "No More System"

jason_adc
Level 1
Level 1

Having more and more of RV042/82 routers coming up with "no more system" in all input fields.

- Have had this happen to 6 different routers.   3 were RV042Gs, 1 was RV042, 2 were RV082

- Most were running latest firmware

- Problem presents itself as "no more system" in all input fields when in administration page.

- Router still works at this stage...  VPNs working, routing, firewall working, can run like this for weeks.

- Cannot grab a backup of the configuration, error : The Startup.config does not exist!!

- The next restart of router will send it back to factory defaults

- FYI, all routers protected by UPS.

7 Replies 7

David Cordovez
Level 1
Level 1

"NO MORE SYSTEM"

Please, Cisco... Please pay attention to this problem.!!

In my case, two routers RV042G both with the same firmware (4.2.3.06). They have lost the settings twice in a month. (I tried to return to factory settings and reconfigure manually after the first fault , but just happened again).

For now , I'll try going back to the previous version (4.2.3.03)

In March 2015 other users have the same problem:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12448036/rv042-random-reset

More info:

when the router is in the state "no more system" , you can enter setup once ; but then no longer recognizes the user name and password .

Hi david and Jason,

Do you have a case opened on this? 

Hi Glenn,

I not have a case opened for this issue.

dave
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone find an answer to this ? I have same problems, exactly the same symptoms  with four customers RV082 and RV042 devices. Beginning to think it's time to give up on Cisco Small Business. Current firmware as of 2/16. Have some units with 2012 firmware that appear to be OK.

Hello, 

i tested my two rv042g with firmware v4.2.3.03 (Mar 19 2014), routers worked well for weeks ; until today still work and I had already forgotten the problem.

but today, after receiving the mail notification response to this thread , I remembered the problem and enter again my routers settings....

BAD surprise !! The words "not more system" was back in the configuration ; and I know that if any of the routers loses power for any reason, I'll have to configure them from again, and configure them would not be such a problem if both routers were not in different cities over 1000km away !.

Please cisco ! provide us some help or solution!

Going to try backing WAY down on a few of the routers today. Will load 4.2.1.02 (2012) to see what that does.  No problems with the RV0xx's that are running that version.

Have 5 routers with 2015 firmware. 3 different customers.  All have the problem. So much for IT due diligence.

Unfortunately these units are spread out all over the area with lots of travel.

Will let you know what happens.

Cisco wake up. 

Hello Dave,

I have one router RV042G with 4.2.1.02 (purchased in 2013), and works fine (more than 2 years of works and no problem).

I will also try to upload these firmware version in the two routers that I'm having trouble I had not done before because the firmware 4.2.1.02  is older than the factory for these routers (both routers purchased in 2014-2015). 

I will tell you here the results.

CISCO WAKE UP!!!.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: